so, not to brag or anything, but my parents have the best yard in Ann Arbor. with a large grassy area, woods, stream, hammock, and 200 year old oak tree with a tire swing over the pond it's kid heaven.
y sisters and I had lots of forts in the woods over the years, but never a tree house. so when my sister Sammie said she was going to have one built for maya and neela I knew I had to make something for it, but what?
as part of my two year stash busting quest, all the fabric came from my existing collection:
- the purple plaid i got from the east bay creative reuse center.
- the magenta sparkle print was from britex, and used to make maya her sparkler dress and neela a matching top.
- the bee print was a gift from vic's aunt and uncle, and left over from Nora and Etta's mash up dresses and neela's float like a butterfly, sting like a bee top.
- the purple polka dot was leftover from Nora and etta's twirly dresses and a class picnic tunic for maya.
- the magenta swirls, originally from stonemountain & daughter, was left over from the mommy and me top and scarf and a swirly swingset skirt.
- the letters were from a chambray i got a while back at stonemountain & daughter, with the intention of making myself a lisette traveler dress.
- finally i used some pretty special fabric, liberty of london apples print originally from gather here for maya's peacock dress three years ago, for the bias tape binding.
just as I thought the girls love the bunting and love their treehouse!
they even wanted to bring teeka bear up!