diy candle tags tutorial
you saw those snazzy labels i made for my sisters's candles? well today i'm going to do a tutorial for how i made them.
- scrap of a grocery bag
- letter stamps
- paper scissors
- exacto knife
- bias tape
- superglue (optional)
1. gather your materials and stamp your paper, i like to do an assembly line approach.
p-e-p-p-e-r-m-i-n... you get the picture
as far as pressure goes you want to "peck" or kiss the paper with the stamp.
2. using the paper scissors cut out your labels, leave a little room around the letters, especially at the sides.
3. using the exacto knife, make two small slices on either side of the letters. make the slices a smidgen longer than the bias tape width.
4. thread the bias tape through the slices.
5. glue the bias tape on with a dab of super glue.
6. admire your work (i also snipped off the corners of the labels).
man that is one well poured candle. someone must have really made sure they cooled the wax down to the ideal temperature :)