remember how we got awesome beer and wine for our wedding?
you might have noticed it was all from the great state of california. we did this for a few reasons:
- when in doubt go local
- especially when local is awesome (and california has pretty awesome beer and wine)
- i had a craft in mind
i bet you saw that last one coming. now a week before our wedding i came home with this:
and the following conversation occurred:
me: victor look what i got! only $5 at the thrift store around the corner!
victor: is that the virgin mary?
me: you're jewish, what do you care?
victor: but you're going to deface a picture of a religious icon for a wedding craft...
me: no I'm going to respectfully remove her, cover her with craft paper, and spray paint the frame copper.
victor: okay that works.
and then i did just that!
- first i covered the back with green paper left over from our invites and rubber cement.
- i had victor print out a map of california at work complete with the coordinates of each brewery/vineyard, then i traced it on craft paper, transferred over the coordinates, and cut it out.
- for the legend i typed up our offerings in our signature font and printed it out a piece of 8.5 by 11 craft paper.
- finally the morning before the wedding i marked the points with different color sharpies.
loved how it turned out: