I spent much of the holiday weekend inside embossing names on our invitation envelopes.
yep embossed names on wedding invitations are now a thing. Here is how I did it:
- envelopes, mine are the spruce A7 envelopes from the paper source
- embossing gun, mine is this one from the paper source
- embossing powder, mine the copper color from paper source
- embossing powder catcher (optional but awesome), this is the one I have
- embossing pen, mine is this versa mark one from the paper source
- sharp chopstick
1. draw a line with pencil and note center of the envelope
2. sketch out the letters
3. trace with embossing pen
4. pour on the embossing powder
5. tap/shake/blow off excess powder, if necessary use the chopstick to remove any excess powder from delicate areas
6. heat with embosser
7. erase any pencil lines that show
I think they turned out pretty awesome!
about halfway through victor walked in and remarked "I donno about these maggie, do we really want green and gold? Those are slytherine colors." So I pointed out:
a) these are clearly green and copper. which is perhaps the classiest color combination known to man
b) slytherine colors are green and silver.
Next up addressing, stamps, and return addresses!